Damnit!

It’s been years since I’d last received an electrical shock. Since before I destroyed my neck, actually.

Maybe I’d built up a certain amount of tolerance for it after years of being an electrician, but damnit, that fucking hurts!

I seem to recall laughing at people when they whined about getting shocked with lil’ ol’ 110 volts, but I’ve suddenly developed some sympathy.

9 Responses to “Damnit!”

  1. UK Homeowner Says:

    You would think that electricians would be the least likely people to get an electric shock wouldn’t you? But I have known a couple and the reverse was true. I knew an electrician in Italy who tested a wire to see if it was live by trying to tap it quickly with his finger – I told him he was mad and he just laughed. When I have to do almost anything to the electrics at home then the electric goes off at the mains switch – I am not taking any chances !

  2. Lou FCD Says:

    Yeah, I used to get nailed all the time. I could tell some horror stories…

  3. Diana Says:

    UK Homeowner – You would think that but I bet you electricians get shocked the most because they think they can take shortcuts that don’t work out out too well.
    That’s the same with:
    computer guys = their computer is always broke
    handymen = the most to do around their house
    plumbers = a leak that has been going on forever
    etc. . .

  4. Lou FCD Says:

    Car mechanics with cars rigged together…

  5. Kevin at GodsDandruff.com Says:

    So what does that say about gigolos?

  6. Lou FCD Says:

    Now there’s an interesting thought to ponder.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

«

%d bloggers like this: